30 days

  • 2
i made a commitment today. i'm writing about it here for two reasons: 1) to make it solidified and accountable by making it "public" (not that this seals the deal or anything, i've made this promise to God... i want to make sure this post is here to remind me and spur me on.) , and 2) to share with you what happens along the way.

this is where i am.

i have been far away from God. i have been far away because i am addicted to many little things and a few big ones that divert all my attention. i get apathetic about God. i get lazy. there is nothing revolutionary or vibrant about my life with Christ right now.

so here is what i have decided to do.

i am spending the next thirty days, from now until november 10th, surrendering my life to God. every little part of it, every big part of it. i am going to fast from all kinds of things that bog me down. i am going to find out how much these other things mean to me. i am tired of doing nothing, and its time to do something. so begins my thirty day journey to find out how much i can give. how much can i surrender? how much does my life mean to me?

and not to be gimmicky, but i want to be bankrupt. how much can i sell for Christ?

how much will God be able to use me once i get out of the way and make room inside my heart?

Oswald Chambers:
"All of God's revealed truths are sealed until they are opened to us through obedience. You will never open them through philosophy or thinking. But once you obey, a flash of light comes immediately. ... Even the smallest bit of obedience opens up heaven, and the deepest truths of God immediately become yours."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Son, I just read My Utmost this morning and I was convicted by that same quote. Very cool.Love,Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Harrison!

i am praying for you!

a friend