John 13:34-35

  • 2
Modern American Version (MAV):
"A new command I give you: Love your stuff. Love your righteousness and morality. Love being better than everyone else. Love living securely, and don't bother to help those who are different and make you uncomfortable. Love all of the material things of this world. As I have loved things, so you must love things. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love yourself and your things."

Unfortunately, it really says this (NIV):
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. :) The Irresistable Revolution is definitely on my favorite books list. I actually started reading it once before I actually made it through the book. The first time, I ended up so convicted by the third chapter that I had to put it down! At that point in my life, I wasn't ready to make the statements that I've been challenged to make. I wasn't ready to change my mindset or my life.

Harrison said...

I am also diggin' your Don Miller quotes there... I went through a nasty Miller phase where I went nuts and read everything he has put out. I like these guys with non-traditional, outside the normal, outside the church walls views on following Christ.
Good stuff.