Death Cab @ The Norva

  • 1
Friday night I attended one of the best shows I have ever seen. It was absolutely incredible on all counts. First of all, the company: my sisters Megan and Brittany and my friend/bandmate Kyle. We had a great car ride down there and there was a huge parking garage in downtown Norfolk right by the Norva, the venue where the show was. The the whole "not-having-to-worry-about-my-car-getting-towed" thing was great. Then, the venue itself was fantastic. The stage was visible from everywhere, and we were able to see everything that was going on up there.

The opening band was Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, who I had never heard of before. They were great, especially for an opening band. They were entertaining, upbeat, and musical. Very good.

Then: Death Cab for Cutie. We were standing about 20 feet from Ben Gibbard, and about every 20 minutes, I would think, "That is Ben Freaking Gibbard." They played all the new stuff and some of the old stuff. Amazing show. The highlight was "I will follow you into the dark". All of the lights went down except for one blue spot that was on Ben. It was one of those big crowd sing-a-long songs.

I am so happy I went to see them.

1 comment:

kelli said...

My sister is going to see them Sunday...she's so pumped! Glad you had fun at the show!! :)