The Mirror, again, again, again...

  • 1
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in the mirror, and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it- he will be blessed in what he does. -James 1:22-25

This is so incredibly difficult for me. It is so easy to look into the mirror and forget what you look like because what you see is not what you want to see. It is ugly and it needs fixing. It is much easier to deceive yourself, saying, "Well, everyone else thinks I look fine, so things are good."

The only way, for me, is to try and look into the mirror every single day and keep up with my "image", fixing the sin that needs fixing. Currently on my white board- "Get it together!!! Pray!!!"

Today I will look into the mirror and ask God to give me the strength to fix my ugliness. And I hope to do the same tomorrow.

1 comment:

kelli said...

I just want you to know how much I appreciate the honesty of your blog.