Kingdom of Comfort

  • 0
Well, I finally picked up Shane Claiborne's new book off my shelf, brushed off the dust, and dove in. The reason it has been sitting and acquiring dust for a few months is the same reason Irresistible Revolution sat on my shelf for a year before I picked it up. I knew what challenges lie inside. I don't know what I am so afraid of... I feel more "right" and more "true" when I live counter-intuitively, when I challenge the status quo. 

I am excited right now. I am a part of a church who thrives on giving themselves away and now, as a leader of the church, I will be able to learn more about what it means to give yourself away in a truly revolutionary way; the way of Christ. I am even more excited because I have someone keeping me accountable just by their very presence in my life, a person who leads me by example, a person who agrees with my assessment that "things" kind of suck, a person whose heart speaks volumes about what love means.

Words from a new Delirious song, "Kingdom of Comfort"-
"Save me
Save me
From this kingdom of comfort where I am king
From my unhealthy lust of material things"

I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the book Jesus for President as I go...

No comments: